If you have not see these films, I'll still appreciate discourse with you and respect you as a human being, but I'll really wish you'd taken me up on the advice. Rick has me beat when it comes to influential and otherwise "important" films but I have my preferences and passions. Below is a sampling of what makes Mark tick - that's me, I'm Mark. Hi!
1) F.W. Murnau's perfect Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans (1927)
2) Coen Brothers' engrossing Miller's Crossing (1990)
3) Hughes Brothers' raw Menace II Society (1993)
4) Martin Scorsese's virile Mean Streets (1973)
5) Shinichirō Watanabe's cool Cowboy Bebop (1998-1999)
6) Andrew Dominik's indelible The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)
7) Spike Lee's heartbreaking 25th Hour (2002)