Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mark's Picks: 7 Movies I'd Appreciate It If You Saw

If you have not see these films, I'll still appreciate discourse with you and respect you as a human being, but I'll really wish you'd taken me up on the advice. Rick has me beat when it comes to influential and otherwise "important" films but I have my preferences and passions. Below is a sampling of what makes Mark tick - that's me, I'm Mark. Hi!

1) F.W. Murnau's perfect Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans (1927)
2) Coen Brothers' engrossing Miller's Crossing (1990)
3) Hughes Brothers' raw Menace II Society (1993)
4) Martin Scorsese's virile Mean Streets (1973)
5) ShinichirĊ Watanabe's cool Cowboy Bebop (1998-1999)
6) Andrew Dominik's indelible The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)
7) Spike Lee's heartbreaking 25th Hour (2002)

3 comments:

  1. Interesting choices! (Everyone should make one of these. It's thoroughly thought provoking to wonder what movies make a person tick.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 25th Hour? I heard it's terrible, but I'll roll the dice. I'm definitely co-signing 1-5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spent the first 45 minutes of Jesse James waiting for Robert Redford to appear only to then re read the dvd cover and turn it off.

    ReplyDelete