Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mark's Picks: 7 Movies I'd Appreciate It If You Saw

If you have not see these films, I'll still appreciate discourse with you and respect you as a human being, but I'll really wish you'd taken me up on the advice. Rick has me beat when it comes to influential and otherwise "important" films but I have my preferences and passions. Below is a sampling of what makes Mark tick - that's me, I'm Mark. Hi!

1) F.W. Murnau's perfect Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans (1927)
2) Coen Brothers' engrossing Miller's Crossing (1990)
3) Hughes Brothers' raw Menace II Society (1993)
4) Martin Scorsese's virile Mean Streets (1973)
5) Shinichirō Watanabe's cool Cowboy Bebop (1998-1999)
6) Andrew Dominik's indelible The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)
7) Spike Lee's heartbreaking 25th Hour (2002)

3 comments:

  1. Interesting choices! (Everyone should make one of these. It's thoroughly thought provoking to wonder what movies make a person tick.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 25th Hour? I heard it's terrible, but I'll roll the dice. I'm definitely co-signing 1-5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spent the first 45 minutes of Jesse James waiting for Robert Redford to appear only to then re read the dvd cover and turn it off.

    ReplyDelete